We encourage you to be a part of Hogan's time-tested team that values integrity, service, performance, safety, quality, and its employee-owned interests. Whether you begin your career after high school or after college, Hogan is committed to offering you a challenging, fulfilling and profitable career opportunity. Your chosen career path will take you through craftsmanship and supervisory training as you develop skills and leadership qualities; or it will take you into the arenas of competitive bidding, negotiations, design-build enterprises and partnering. In all cases, you will be an important player in award-winning projects.
PROJECT FOREMAN – VERNAL, UTAH
Hogan Construction has an immediate opening for a PROJECT FOREMAN to work in Vernal Utah. A Project Foreman is the project superintendent’s “right hand man.” He/she is primarily concerned with seeing that the workers of his/her crew do their jobs accurately and in a timely manner. This position includes oversight of all laborer, apprentice and journeyman carpenter tasks as well as any other assignments from the project superintendent. A Project Foreman sets the pace for the whole crew.
Basic computer, math, and writing skills. Extensive plan reading and decision making skills. Understand plans, specs, addendums and how they relate to the contracts. Able to perform take-offs and order materials two to three weeks in advance. Leadership; ability to communicate with, direct and motivate crews. Must have an understanding of the whole project including subcontractor roles. Ability to communicate clearly by phone, radio and face to face. Must have reliable transportation. Employment offers are contingent upon successfully completing a pre-employment drug test and passing a physical abilities test.
PROJECT ENGINEER – LYMAN WYOMING
Hogan & Associates Builders has an immediate opening for a PROJECT ENGINEER to work in Lyman Wyoming. The Project Engineer is one of the key members of the management team for each project and provides technical engineering information and interpretation of design to the Project Manager, Superintendent, and trade subcontractors to ensure work complies with contract documents, plans, and specifications. Project Engineers do not do design work. The Project Engineer also assists the PM with project controls, including budgeting, cost control, scheduling, and planning.
Required skills for the Project Engineer position:
- Microsoft Windows
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Excel with proficiency in basic formulas
- Timberline Job Cost and Project Management (PJ)
- Microsoft Outlook email, contacts, calendars
- Internet Explorer
- Attention to detail
- Willingness to express opinions and make suggestions, as well as to follow established procedures
- Able to communicate effectively and professionally with others both verbally and in writing
- Able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously. Has the ability to prioritize and organize tasks and follow through to completion.
- Ability to read, interpret and understand plans, shop drawings and specifications
- Technical understanding of construction means and methods
- Bachelor’s degree in construction management or equivalent experience in the field
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and 10 to 15 years commercial experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Ability to interact and communicate effectively with customers, vendors, and employees at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to effectively lead and manage teams.
- Attention to detail, extremely organized and able to prioritize and multitask.
- Ability to proactively plan for any risks and activities to help meet or exceed the deadline.
- Possess strong computer skills; proficient in MS Excel, MS Word, MS Outlook, and iPad.
Hogan & Associates Construction is an EEO/AA employer.